TICAL’s Distance Learning Academy
Opens August 6th, 10:00 a.m. to Noon
The Distance Learning Academy provides educators access to a wide array of resources, tools, & curriculum ideas to facilitate successful Online & Blended Teaching/Learning. In these most challenging times the scope of this work has broadened and will continue to play a crucial role, well beyond the time when our schools have reopened.
Earlier this summer of 2020, as the 3 day Distance Learning Summit wound to a close, the enthusiasm was high and participants expressed a sentiment of satisfaction and a need to continue this learning path. “This was highly relevant. What’s next? What follow up opportunities are out there?”
The TICAL Distance Learning Academy will feature the Leading Edge FLEX Program, which focuses on key elements of effective online and blended learning pedagogy.
TICAL along with the Santa Cruz County Office of Education have been a leading designer and provider of coursework & certification for school leaders for the past two decades. We are proud to have been founding partners of the Leading Edge Certification Alliance. Also, our design and content collaboration with Future Ready Schools has been a remarkably valuable endeavor.
A Call to Action for Renewed Leadership
Join us & get the word out. Become a Resource to your community & colleagues!
Annual (12 month) Membership cost of $250 includes:
- Full & open enrollment in the Leading Edge FLEX online learning program for the entire 2020-21 School Year
- FLEX coursework will provide opportunities to earn multiple “Badges” in modules, choices are: Digital Citizenship, Data Literacy, & Accessibility (included at no additional cost).
- Ongoing Facilitation from experienced Online Blended professional educators.
- Collaborative Video & Discussions with peers around the state and country.
- Access to a wide, ever-growing TICAL “database” curating Digital Tools.
- An online library of very current, relevant Videos featuring each presenter & keynote in the recent June 2020 Distance Learning Summit & several others.
- Shared resources and training in the context of the Future Ready Schools (FRS) research & design.
- A 25% discount on any of our three 8-week full Leading Edge Certification courses
- For the Teacher: Online Blended & Digital Educator) which will now be blended into one course, still 8-weeks, but packed with more resources.
- For the Curriculum Leader (Professional Learning Leader)
- For the Site or District Administrative Leader (Administrator)
A Few LEC Testimonials
Contact: Thom Dunks, Santa Cruz COE firstname.lastname@example.org